Head of Operations
At Missing Link, we run events -- but we're not an events company. We do public speaking -- but we're not an agency. We care about the future of New Zealand and the world, about connecting people in innovative ways to bring out the best in all of us. Our events are purpose-led. Our talks are designed to uplift and inspire. We don't know what the future holds, but we believe it's up to all of us to work as hard as we can to keep making tomorrow better than yesterday.
Role and purpose
We are a small team with a big vision. This role is an excellent opportunity to create the team, systems and processes for us to grow. We’re looking for an excellent communicator with strong project management skills who’s prepared to be accountable for outcomes and take the lead on new initiatives. As Head of Operations, you’ll work with our team and a wide range of cutting-edge organisations on national and international projects. You’ll be responsible for making sure we run smoothly and positioned to expand.
The role of the head of operations is to:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the company
- Develop and manage processes that ensure successful delivery of our programmes and events
- Manage financial operations, including budgets, reporting, and risk management.
- Establish a culture that ensures we have the best people possible on our team and that they have the tools they need to be outstanding in their job
- Support business growth
- Ensure we have the structure and capability to deliver on our growth ambitions
- Make sure our clients and partners have a delightful and productive experience with us
- Seek out and develop and implement plans to access new markets
- Develop and implement creative initiatives in line with Missing Link’s vision
List of duties
The position includes the following duties and responsibilities, and any duties and responsibilities reasonably incidental to those:
- Support the development and execution of strategy
- Develop, execute and monitor project plans
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Develop and implement people management strategies
- Oversee the delivery of Missing Link events and programmes
- Manage client relationships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other organisations in our eco-system
Communication: Clear and effective communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
Accountability: Take ownership of outcomes in a small team environment.
Creativity: Able to create new ways of doing things and go from concept to implementation.
Adaptability: Cope well with change in a fast-paced environment.
Financial literacy: Able to read and prepare a balance sheet, and apply discipline to successfully managing tight budgets.
Customer focus: Always remember that we exist to help our clients and partners
Strategic decision making: Able to make defensible decisions with imperfect information.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Google Drive and Slack
- Able to pick up new technical skills quickly
Location: Awesome HQ, 192 St Asaph St, Christchurch Central
Hours of work: Ordinary hours of work will be 40 per week, between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday however, we may require you to work beyond your ordinary hours, including weekends, for example when we hold events outside of these hours.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to kaila at missinglinknz dot co dot nz.