At Missing Link, we run events -- but we're not an events company. We do public speaking -- but we're not an agency. We care about the future of New Zealand and the world, about connecting people in innovative ways to bring out the best in all of us. Our events are purpose-led. Our talks are designed to uplift and inspire. We don't know what the future holds, but we believe it's up to all of us to work as hard as we can to keep making tomorrow better than yesterday.
Role and purpose
We are a small team with a big vision. This role is an excellent opportunity to work with a wide range of cutting-edge organisations on national and international projects – your job is to provide the operational and administrative support necessary for the organisation to thrive. You’ll need to be a strong communicator and always willing to learn something new. Most importantly, you’ll need to be excited about the future and be ready to tackle it head on!
List of duties
The position includes the following duties and responsibilities, and any duties and responsibilities reasonably incidental to those:
- Attend to operational and administrative detail
- Bookkeeping, including processing payroll
- Management of accounts payable and receivable, including setting up payments for processing
- Travel logistics
- Coordinate all Missing Link events and programmes, including:
- Securing venues
- Ensuring flights and accommodation are arranged for speakers/performers
- Ensuring health & safety, insurance and legal obligations are adhered to
- Coordinating with ticketing supplier and ticketing manager
- Coordinating all contractors (AV, theming, signage suppliers, tech demos and any other contractors)
- Preparing attendee goody bags and programmes
- Liaising with marketing and PR providers
- Overseeing efficient set-up and dismantling of the event
- Post-event evaluations
- Handling client queries
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with other organisations in our eco-system
- Personal assistance to the Managing Director as required (primarily booking appointments and arranging public speaking).
- Communication: Clear and effective communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsibility: Taking ownership of outcomes in a small team environment.
- Creativity: Being able to create new ways of doing things and go from concept to implementation.
- Adaptability: Coping well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focus: Always remember that we exist to help our clients and partners.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Google Drive and Slack
- Able to pick up new technical skills quickly
Location: Awesome HQ, 192 St Asaph St, Christchurch Central
Hours of work: Ordinary hours of work will be 40 per week, between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday however, we may require you to work beyond your ordinary hours, including weekends, for example when we hold events outside of these hours.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to kaila at missinglinknz dot co dot nz.